Friday 31 July 2009

The Blog Lebowski


Hello!

This will probably be my last blog as I will be going home to England in 3 days (monday 3rd). It has been a great last few weeks in Poland with loads of oppertunities to continue the friendships we have made.

I have been down to the local gym with some of my friends...I have never felt so tiny and weak in my life!! In every other gym i have been to there are always 2 or 3 proper muscley -Schwartznegger-Scott Jackson-style blokes, but this gym is completely full of them! Im going back there this afternoon (my arms are still aching after going 4days ago!) for some more constructive torture ;-)

I also helped lead the worship band in the Polish church I have been going to, which was very interesting as I still dont speak more than 5 Polish words! They have invited me to help lead again this Sunday so I guess I didn't faux-pas too severely!

Since my last blog I have played basketball, table-football, gone to a rock concert, climbed a mountain, watched a few movies, won at Uno, lost at Uno, visited lots of people and experienced more amazing Polish hospitality.

I am really looking forward to going home and spending some time with Ruth, and my family, and some mates in Chichester, but also very sad to be leaving Poland! It has been an epic 6 weeks and I have made some friends for life here and have learned A LOT!

All in all, an experience that i wouldn't trade for the world.

Thanks so much for your support and I hope to see you soon!
Jonny


PS: I won't miss Polish mosquitoes! Here is some mosquito-hate-related Monty Python
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvxt8QfkZ8&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment